I’ve commissioned and produced a body of research on U.S. public media as well as for overseas broadcasters. Since 2014, the focus has been on the Localore productions. The most recent “Break Form” report is a summary of the impact and details of best practices gleaned from 15 production teams working over the course of a year. The report has been distributed to more than 10,000 mission-focused producers, station managers, funders, and journalists across the U.S.
- Break Form: Making Stories With and For the People
- What’s Outside: Public Media 2014 [interactive PDF]
- Spreading the Zing: Reimaging Public Media through Makers Quest 2.0
- Mapping Public Radio’s Independent Landscape
- SchardtMEDIA Format Insights: Newscasts and Documentary Specials
- Listener Choice Radio 2000: The Overview